Aerobic Septic System Maintenance
Our technicians are on call 7 days a week
Septic System Maintenance Checklist
During the maintenance period we will fix aerobic septic system problems by providing the following maintenance at the required intervals:
- Check electrical circuits
- Check control panels
- Check the operation of all alarms
- Check operation of pumps
- Clean pump screen if needed
- Check aerator/compressor operation
- Clean aerator/compressor filter
- Check disinfection device.
- Clean all filters.
- Clean and adjust spray heads.
- Check air pressures and/or water column inch pressure.
- We can determine the condition of diffusers and density of the effluent from these checks.
- Check water condition in clarifier and stir sludge accumulation if needed.
- B.O.D. and T.S.S. samples if required.
- Settleble Solids yearly or more often if we see a need.
- Sludge Judge test yearly or more often we we see a need.
- All of our septic systems are tagged for the convenience of the owner, regulatory agency and maintenance provider.
- Door hangers are left with results and recommendations.
- We use a computer program called SAFE to track the systems we maintain.
- Copies of all maintenance reports are forwarded to the appropriate regulatory agency.
- We feel a proper maintenance program is a good investment and is required by T.C.E.Q. rules. A good maintenance program can help pumps and aerators last longer and prevent unnecessary pumping of the system.
- Always ask for a copy of your providers’ certification to see if they are qualified, so your contract will meet T.C.E.Q. rules
- All of our technicians are licensed by T.C.E.Q, have completed the basic maintenance provider course and under gone additional training from our company.